Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rose Baker Teacher

I was deeply saddened this weekend to hear that Rose Baker a Pre-primary school teacher from Edgemead passed away at the age of 52.
Rose came into contact with hundreds of children and parents in our suburb of Edgemead. And although she retired from her job more than 10 years ago and moved to Moreesburg to open up a guest house, she still kept in contact with several parents and had a wonderful memory for remembering her children's names over many years.
She had a wonderful understanding of Michael and always went out of her way to ask about Michael and his progress. Michael as I mentioned earlier is mentally challenged, but went to pre-primary school like all the other kids, until we could get his condition diagnosed, which only happened when he had to start school proper, and then the diagnosis was Global Retardation, can anyone tell me what it really is and how it came to be? I think we will leave that subject for another time.
Rose, bless you thanks for everything and may you rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment